DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS WE WILL NOT BE OFFERING SCHOOL TOURS FOR THE 2020 SEASON
Welcome to our beautiful 176 acre Christmas Tree and Pumpkin Farm... Merry Farms!
Merry Farms enjoys:
- Beautiful rolling hills
- A 3 km long laneway winding through the farm
- 3 acres of pond & lakes with a maintained hiking trail around the lake
- The farm is also home to a school attended by 150 children.
The children will enjoy a day on the farm and learn about the environment through hands on experience. They will have a chance to enhance their knowledge of agriculture through a variety of activities while at the same time enhancing their curriculum based on their age. Children will have a chance to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins and visit the pumpkin patch by tractor drawn wagon.
After some learning time they will then get a chance to enjoy some of the other activities on the farm including:
- Visit with the farm animals that live on the farm – Cows, sheep, and goats.
- Have a chance to relax at the Adventure Park which includes 5 different slides, pumpkin bowling, tractor tire climb, tetherball, haybale mountain, pumpkin tic tac toe, corn digging pit, giant sandbox, rope web course, giant mountain climb, spider web, soundgarden, Wooden Train playground, and Trikes.
Our farm is visited by thousands of children every Fall/Christmas and they love the experience! We look forward to being able to help your children grow and learn about how agriculture is an important part of everyone’s lives while having a great time! We look forward to meeting you, The Merry Family.
All tours will include the following. The stations may vary depending on the size of the group. We can discuss what best suits the needs of your group.
There is so much to see and experience here at Merry Farms! Although our program is best suited for JK – Grade 3, we can customize your tour based on the age of your group. We are a family run business that loves to share their passion for farming with everyone! All school tours run for approx 2 hours. When you book we will send you a BOOKING CONFIRMATION for your reference. The minimum number of students per group is 40 and this includes one free adult supervisor per 5 children. Part of the program relies on these adults to self supervise your group.
Your School Program is broken down into two components. The order of these may rotate based on other school bookings on the same day. We will advise you upon arrival where and when your Merry Farms Adventure will begin.
Merry’s Pumpkin Patch: A fun wagon ride around the farm with a special stop at the Pumpkin Patch. Here the children will learn about the life cycle of a pumpkin with a member of the Merry Farm’s team. They will also have fun examining the many varieties of pumpkins that we grow here on the farm. The students will then get a chance to pick their very own pumpkin to take home. Approximately 40 mins later the children will board the wagon again to go back.
Merry’s Adventure Park: This is a self supervised area and the school is responsible for their entire group. Here your group will have the opportunity to learn how seeds grow and to plant their very own seed to take back to school(OPTIONAL). During this part of the tour the children will have a chance to meet our animals. Then they will have a chance to blow off steam enjoying the many fun activities we have on the farm. These include 5 slides, tire climb, hay bale mountain, corn digging pit, giant sandbox, tether ball, pumpkin bowling, pumpkin tic tac toe, soundgarden, rope course, spider web climb, the crooked playground and the Merry Farm train.
10:00 - 12:00
The tour will last approx. 2 hrs
12:00 - 2:00
The tour will last approx. 2 hrs
$9.00/student (+HST) Teachers and EAs are included in the cost of the tour. Adult helpers are included up to a 5:1 ratio (children to adult). Any adults over this will be charged $9.00 each (+HST).
Please Note the Following:
- Minimum group size is 40.
- Programs run rain or shine.
- You have the right to cancel if the weather does not cooperate.
- Depending on the supply of pumpkins each child will go home with a mini pumpkin/gourd OR the class will go home with a pumpkin suitable for carving.
- Children are welcome to bring a snack and a time can be incorporated to the program at the discretion of the teacher. We have a picnic area available for your use.
- Please ensure the children dress appropriately for the weather as the program is outside.
- Please make sure the children pack a water bottle as there is no water fountain on site.
- We have a full schedule for the children so we ask that you arrive promptly for your scheduled start time.
- There are washroom facilities available on site.